Most people want to live in a society that approves of what they do and hence their entire life is spent in doing something what others think right.
Living your life according to the way you want to will lead you to your desired destination and will also contribute in having good relations with your family and friends as you will not blame them for your current situation in life.
Tips for being yourself:
- Stop feeling guilty for doing something you really like and don’t look for approvals.
- Find a support group that does similar things or search for information about people who have walked unusual path before and refer to that information when you feel discouraged.
- Ensure that what you have decided to do is really what you like to do.
- Don’t ask for opinions from your friends about your decisions especially if you know your actions will not be met with approval from people.
- Be with open-minded people. If you feel you present company is stifling you and not appreciative of what you do maybe it is time to spread your horizons and be with people who accept you as you are instead of changing your thinking.
Not everyone has the freedom to be what they want to be and if you have the choice to choose you want, feel lucky!! Learn to love yourself and take your shortcomings in your stride. Nobody is perfect so how come you expect yourself to be without any flaws. It is okay to admit you were wrong if later you decide to change your mind about something because at least you tried what others will not dare to do.