A person’s subconscious mind or brain often says negative stuff such as “I cannot make friends.” This is a negative sentence and in fact, once you become used to this thought, your outside world will resonate with the circumstances that are similar to your thoughts. Here is how you can change yourself into a confident individual:-
1. Close your eyes and tell yourself that you are ready to change your belief that nobody will really be interested in a relationship with me.
2. Now review your life and think of a belief that you used to hold but which gradually changed with time. For instance, you can think of a belief you held in childhood that “there are ghosts in the closet.”
3. Now think of something that you believe is definitely going to happen. You can think of something like I will definitely eat food tonight.
4. You are now ready to form a different belief in your mind that “I am a very nice person and everybody is interested in becoming friends with me.”
5. Now think how and what made you change your mind about a limiting belief as stated in point 2. Slowly run the film in your mind and enjoy the experience of change you went through while shifting your beliefs.
6. We come to the last step. Feel the certainty of your belief that you have stated in point 3. Now ‘feel’ the same certainty for the new belief you have stated in step 4. Focus on the feeling of certainty for the new belief you are attempting to develop.
This entire brain exercise will tell you that how in the past you were able to overcome your old beliefs. This will give you strength and courage to change your existing belief to a more positive belief that you are a lovable and interesting person.
Learn more on this subject in my course at Udemy