Most people are unhappy when they talk about the death of a loved one. Although on the surface they would say “I am fine,” but they have a heavy heart when they say this.
Follow these steps to get out of a depressed state if you are facing a situation wherein you are grieving over someone you loved dearly died:-
- Break your present negative state by walking around the room, standing up and even sing if required to snap out of the depressed state.
- It is good to talk about the person who has died as you will feel lighter about the loss after discussing with your close friends or family members.
- Think about the pleasant time spent with the person and not imagine him as sick, in hospital or in an ill state.
- Try to stop being emotionally involved with the person who has gone and invest this energy elsewhere. You can keep a pet or make new friends to channelize your emotions more constructively.
- Don’t feel guilty if you have decided to enjoy your life once again.
- Watch photographs of you with the person and feel their presence instead of a sense of loss. Appreciate the time spent together.
- If death was in an accident try to remove the association with cars or automobiles so that you can re-engage with the world in a normal manner.